Tuesday, June 14, 2011

1st Anniversary!!!!

Happy Anniversary!!!! Garrett and I celebrated our first Anniversary this past Saturday! WOW! It is hard to believe that it has been one year already!
Garrett (my wonderful husband!) surprised me with a getaway weekend in Salt Lake. I had no idea what we were doing or where we were going until we pulled into the Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake. This beautiful Bed and Breakfast was so much fun and really cool. Each of their rooms are a different theme and we stayed in the Wild West Room. The scenery was all western including a Saloon bathroom, covered wagon bed, and even a bucket shower. It was so cool. (It actually reminded me a lot of the ranch)

That night Garrett took me to Temple Square where we walked around for a little while.

Then we went to the JS Building and had dinner at The Roof. It was AMAZING! The food was so good and it was so cool to listen to the beautiful piano music and watch the sun set behind the temple.
The next day we spent the day walking around the Gateway (we went into Barnes and Noble and Garrett bought me my favorite childhood book Mouse Soup-if you haven't read it, I highly suggest it!) We saw the new X-Men movie (awesome) and then had lunch!
That night at home Garrett and I had some of our wedding cake. (That cake has been sitting in the freezer for a year and every time I opened the freezer, I would see it and look forward to the day when we would have some again. Also, It kinda got a little smashed in all of our moves, but it still tasted yummy!)

Well, we had a few bites and then it kinda turned into a frosting war! I will admit-I started it, but Garrett sure finished it! (My eyes are watering in the pictures cause Garrett got frosting all over in my eye!)

It was a wonderful 1st Anniversary! It has been the best year and we look forward to many others!
One year down-Forever to go!

2 comments:

Heidi Mickelsen said...

Oh Gag!!!!!!! Just Kidding, well kinda!!!! Congrats on making it a year and not driving each other CRAZY!!!! I hope that the love and happiness continue always!!!!! May the kids come swiftly and may the headache medicine last infinitely!!! Love Ya!!!!!

Jeniel said...

You guys are sooooo cute!!
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun too. SMIle!! Don't be strangers, and come over and visit.