Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Projects

Because I have the greatest job in the world, I am lucky enough to get summers off! Yay!  And also because I am who I am, I always have to have something to do, so needless to say, I have been filling my time with summer projects!  (Thank You Pintrest!)  Each day, I try to come up with some new project to do for the day.  (Because my house is so small-I can only clean it so many times!)
From decorating, to gluing, to trips to the craft stores, to painting, to sewing my summer has been great so far!

Here are some of my projects!

When I was organizing our extra closet, I found a bunch of pictures and decor Garrett and I had received from our wedding.  I thought it was time to put them up!

Also, I found some tiles so I put some nice vinyl stickers on them.
Because of the great holiday coming up, I thought I would make some 4th of July decorations.  Here are a few wreaths I have made.  One is made of scrapbook paper and the other with just ribbon.  I have a couple more 4th of July projects in progress.



I have also been visiting Jeniel and the girls over in Garland.  We went to a craft store, saw these adorable flowers, said "We can make those!", ran home, and worked for a couple hours making these fun flowers.  They are made with fabric and levi.  We really had a lot of fun!  (Thanks Ira!)

My new project that I have started to work on is our little boy's room!  It is fun to get ready for a baby.  Jeniel and I went to a quilting store and I fell in love with this fabric.  I am going to make curtains, dust ruffle and bumper for his crib, and fun letters to put on the wall. I am so excited!  They were exactly the colors (of course they had to have cars!)  I wanted for the nursery and I can't wait to show you when it is finished!

Lots of fun! 

No comments: